Situgyan Consulting Limited is Bhavana Tuladhar-Douglas and Will Tuladhar-Douglas.
We work for exceptional communities and landscapes, where cultural and biological diversity thrive and are impossible to disentangle. We help national and local governments, development agencies, I/NGOs, corporations, and Indigenous and local communities to build collaborations, transform organisations, and forge strong alliances around shared values.
Bhavana is an indigenous Newar anthropologist and activist who ran a research expedition company in Nepal, busted a corrupt ticketing racket at Lumbini, and taught for the Universities of Reading and Aberdeen. Will was born and raised in California, Hawai’i and Oregon and did his DPhil in Oxford, after building early (1995) Internet connections into Nepal and Bangladesh. He has worked for NGOs and universities in Asia, Europe and North America, including thirteen years at the University of Aberdeen where he set up and managed several successful international research teams.
Between us we have substantial practical experience in
- management consulting and systems analysis
- building partnerships across cultures
- complex challenges in diversity (including caste, race, gender, religion and disability)
- contemplative ecological practice
We also have skills in
- leading and managing interdisciplinary teams, whether on expeditions or in institutions.
- tangible and intangible heritage
- Indigenous and local ecological and medical knowledge
- local- and Indigenous- led research
- ethnography and assessing linguistic and biological diversity
- grant writing
- publication, editing, knowledge sharing
- project management
- developing and deploying appropriate computer systems
- developing course materials for face-to-face or online delivery
We also speak, read or write over twenty languages.
We live with our neurodiverse family by the sea in Northeast Scotland.